Mail completed applications to:
Date: Saturday & Sunday, July 15 & 16 2017
Time: 10 AM to 5 PM Saturday & 10 AM to 4 PM Sunday
Set Up: Friday, July 14th, 9 AM until dark and Saturday, July 15th, 7 AM to 8:30 AM
You must check in prior to set up. Although every effort is made to accommodate your space request, space numbers are not guaranteed. A map with booth locations will be available at check in next to the gazebo.
Space: Approximately 10 ft. by 10 ft. A limited number of double spaces and spaces with electricity are available.
Fee: $125 for a single space $250 for a double space
All Artists/Craftsmen must be set up no later than 8:30 AM Saturday morning for re-jurying.
- Fully completed and signed application with categories specified, a maximum of two categories per booth.
- A minimum of five photos (no CDs). One of your booth display, three of your art/craft work & one of you working on your art/craft. All types of items that you plan to sell must be clearly shown, for re-jurying. Please print your name on the back of each photo.
- Your booth fee check made payable to HIGH COUNTRY ARTISANS, INC.
- A proper-sized, self-addressed, stamped envelope with sufficient postage.
- All applications for the 2017 season must be received by March 1, 2017 with no postage due.
Note: Application will be rejected if all five requirements are not met.
Jurying is done by the Festival Committee and is based on the category you specify, your application and your supplied photos.
Acceptance letters will be mailed by April 1, 2017.
Cancellation/Refund Date: No refunds will be given after May 15, 2017. All refunds subject to a $35 administrative fee.
- Only arts and fine crafts made/created personally in the USA by the primary artist/craftsman will be allowed. Work must be original and produced by the exhibiting artist/craftsman. All materials must be in compliance with all laws, rules and regulations of the US and the State of Georgia. No commercial or buy/sell.
- This is a juried show where all exhibitors are juried every year. All decisions by the jury are final. Only items in your accepted category may be displayed or offered for sale. High Country Artisans, Inc. reserves the right to remove any inappropriate or non-juried items.
- Please be considerate of others during unloading and loading. Unload and move your vehicle ASAP to the designated exhibitor parking area with the parking permit displayed in the window by 8:30 am each morning. No vehicles or trailers are allowed on grass or walkways at any time. Any exhibitor not abiding by these rules will not be allowed to return. All set up equipment, canopy, & inventory must be carried/wheeled from the parking lot to your assigned booth space.
- All set up materials must be provided by the exhibitor. Due to insurance regulations, no guy wires will be allowed. This is an outdoor festival; the ground may not always be level or flat. The Festival will be held rain or shine. No cancellation. Each exhibitor will be responsible for his/her own protective covering & securing his/her canopy in case of inclement weather or high winds.
- Take down times will be strictly enforced. The official closing time is 5 PM. ALL VENDORS WILL PACK UP AND DISASSEMBLE ALL DISPLAY AND MERCHANDISE AND THEN BRING THEIR VEHICLE TO THE LOADING AREAS. No vehicles or trailers are allowed on the grass or walkways at any time. Any Exhibitor not abiding by this rule will not be allowed to return. All exhibitors must clean up their space before leaving.
- Booths must be manned by the registered primary artist/craftsman. All tables must be completely draped to the ground. Each booth must be kept clean. No discounting of products is allowed and no solicitation or high-pressured sales. All sales activity is confined to the marked booth area. No display of previous show awards. No audio advertising or music permitted. No exhibitor or display may extend beyond the front or side booth marks.
- Absolutely no pets or alcoholic beverages are allowed in the park (Meeks Park Rule). Please contact the Blairsville Union County Chamber of Commerce for information about pet boarding and/or pet friendly accommodations. Please follow all posted Park Rules. No bikes, balls, bats, fishing poles, skateboards, etc. are allowedin the festival area. No boom boxes, stereos, noisemakers. Demonstrations of musical instruments and art & craft demonstrations that make noise are allowed only upon prior approval by the Show Chairman. (This includes use of generators).
- There will be a security guard on duty within the festival area Friday & Saturday nights. However, as per the signed application form, The High Country Artisans, Inc., Union County, and the Union County Recreation Department shall in no way be held responsible for any injury, damages, or theft.
- Each exhibitor is responsible to pay their own Georgia State Sales Tax on their sales. Georgia Sales Tax in Union County is 7%.
- The High Country Artisans reserve the right to ask any exhibitor to leave the show for any reason they deem appropriate or for failure to abide by any rules. A signed application constitutes a contract to follow all rules and regulations and is a commitment to participate if accepted.