The Butternut Creek Festival is:
- A two day family-oriented fine craft and art show in Meeks Park. Featuring great musical entertainment, live art demonstrations and plenty of good food.
- An opportunity for local artists and craftsmen to sell and share their works with the general public in a pleasant and inviting setting.
- An event where all applicants are juried, limiting participation to 65-70 of the best to ensure quality and diversity.
- An opportunity to bring between 10,000 - 14,000 visitors to our community each year, resulting in increased business opportunities. Over 35% of festival visitors come from outside the local area.
- A partnership between High Country Artisans, Inc. and the Union County Recreation Department, Afterschool & Summer Youth Programs, the Union County Senior Center and the Union County Library.
- An opportunity for local non-profit organizations, through reduced exhibitor space fees, to educate and gain support from their local community.
- Designated as a Top 20 Event for years 2009-2017 by the Southeast Tourism Society.
- Union County Commissioner Lamar Paris signed a proclamation on July 17, 2008 which made the Butternut Creek Festival the county's official arts and crafts show. Congratulations to all the members of the High Country Artisans for this honor.